Friday, September 14, 2012

Current projects

See, this is why I was hesitant to start a blog. I suck at actually updating it! It was a busy summer. Working 6 days a week left little time for Creatures, but I'm back. (Just in time for CCSF 2012)!  I have lots of material saved up to post...it's just a matter of actually doing it.

Anywho...

I have several different folders all containing several dozen altered genomes. My tendency to start a new project before finishing the previous one basically leaves me with a giant mess of ideas and no central focus. I've managed to get a handle on tweaking the nutritional and dietary requirements, so starvation isn't much of an issue anymore. On the other hand, I have a handful of genomes that basically do nothing other than hunt down food, fruit and seeds to eat. Creating a genome with stable sleeping habits is proving to be more difficult. While I have gotten lucky, that's all it is--luck. I have done endless research and testing on Norn instincts and stimuli, but have yet to develop a genome that "rests [self]" appropriately. I had a good grasping of elevator and door navigation but too much time away set me back a bit. I have the data and whatnot all filed away in Microsoft One Note, but for now the whole tiredness, sleepiness, resting vs. actual sleep confusion is my target.

No comments:

Post a Comment